Car has trouble starting on Warm Days

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Sometimes (on hotter than normal days) I will come out to my car after work and it will start up for a second and then die. Then it will crank, but it won't start. If I leave it alone it will eventually start if I just try a lot. It has never failed to start up, sometimes it just takes a while. Does anyone know what it could be? I was thinking that my fuel pump was going bad, but that was just a guess. thanks.

P.S. If you can't read the sig, its a 90 CRX with a B16

I have that same problem. My motor is also an ob0 b16. Ive asked and searched and never found an answer.

Yeah, try changing the Main Fuel Relay (Main Relay). Mine did the same thing. Start it and the rpm's would go up and then drop and cut off. Car would crank when trying to start it and it wouldn't start. Give it gas and let it sit for like 10-15 minutes and then start and rev way up. Probably that. It's cheap and relatively easy to change. Mine has been doing that for years and I never could figure out what the hell it was. Took it to the shop and they would tell me fuel pump, fuel injection, starter, ignition, distributer, dist. coil, plugs fowled, bad aftermarket wires, etc. They had mentioned that it "could be that" but wanted to change to more expensive stuff first. Took me like 20 min. and +/- 60 bucks and now starts up every time. Its something with the sodder in the relay cracks and then connection is broken. Try it. It could be the easy fix.

I'm half asleep right now but I'll give it a shot anyway....

If it only does it on hotter than usual days, maybe the fuel is vaporizing in the line. It's a long shot, but test for that by letting the fuel pump do it's little prime cycle a few times before you crank it.

:shrug2:

basicly the solder joints on the main realy goes, so either you have to replace it or resolder them. Not that hard.

Mine did the same thing. I had a bad engine coolant temperature sensor. When it was warm or my engine was warm it wouldnt start. I had to wait for it to cool down. I threw a code though. Do you have a code?

nope, I think its the mail relay thing, I was having some trouble with it in the past. I'll let you guys know if thats not the problem, I'll check it out tomorrow.

try the ignition relay.. thats what i was told when my accord did it.. replaced it, and it never did it again.

Back