car idles at 3,000rpm??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaElite

apparently when my car is cold it idles at 3,000 rpm..and gradualy goes down as it warms up...untill its at perfect idle when its warm...its pretty annoying..its a d16z6 in case anyones wondering...would iac do it? and why doe sit idle fine after its warm?

i have a z6 sol and it idles at 2300rpm until it warms up. what does it idle at when its wamr?? if it bothers u that much you could turn your idle control down a little bit. mine idles at 400 when its wamrm.

i have a z6 sol and it idles at 2300rpm until it warms up. what does it idle at when its wamr?? if it bothers u that much you could turn your idle control down a little bit. mine idles at 400 when its wamrm.

800rpm is what it should idle at when its at full operating temperature. When it is cold, it should idle around 1600 rpm.
As far as trying to correct this, try adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body or even checking the throttle cable to make sure you have the correct tension.

even when i unhook the throttle cable it does it and when it warmsup it idles so low you can even hear the car running untill you ta the gas..could it be a dirty iacv sensor?

okay here we go..i cleaned the iacv sensor..its fine...its not the cause of th idle problem..what i did was the 2 holes in the t/b i blocked the one for the iacv and it barely fixed it..then i blocked the lower one i forgot the name of the sensor it goes to but thats whats bad...does anyone knoe the name of it? and how much do the go for? and if it can even be changed? thanks for the help

Back