1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car idles like crap and gas is in the exhaust

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by LsB16CrxHF, May 7, 2005.

1. LsB16CrxHF

LsB16CrxHF Senior Member

well its not a honda but its sitting in my driveway and its broken and i need a solution

the car is a 2001 subaru impreza 2.5rs

the problem is wen we went out to start it tonight it was idling like shit, then we noticed a bad smellof gas...its not a leak...i went to the exhaust which we noticed was smokin like crazy wen it was reveed and it stank like gas...when i put my hand in his ridiculously large exhaust tip it was damp with gas...whats the problem...the smoke is white so i was thinkin head gasket or could it not be firing on all cylingers or an injector electircal problem? can anyone help?

2. LsB16CrxHF

LsB16CrxHF Senior Member

no has any suggestions...jesus dont hate cuz its not a honda

3. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

If you're not throwing any CEL's, the first thing i might think of doing is tune up, if you suspect the car is not firing on all cylinders, perhaps it isn't.

After the tuneup, if the problem still persists, do a compression test (have fun getting a compression tester into those sparkplug holes) and find out if that's the problem

4. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

If there is a lot of white smoke coming from the ehaust, first thing that comes to mind is the head gasket. Check your oil and coolant and look for a milk mix. If it is the HG, good luck with that...two heads are better than one. :ph34r: I'm not sure if its just running rich, hence the gas smell because normally the smoke would be black.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted