car idles like crap and gas is in the exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LsB16CrxHF

well its not a honda but its sitting in my driveway and its broken and i need a solution

the car is a 2001 subaru impreza 2.5rs

the problem is wen we went out to start it tonight it was idling like shit, then we noticed a bad smellof gas...its not a leak...i went to the exhaust which we noticed was smokin like crazy wen it was reveed and it stank like gas...when i put my hand in his ridiculously large exhaust tip it was damp with gas...whats the problem...the smoke is white so i was thinkin head gasket or could it not be firing on all cylingers or an injector electircal problem? can anyone help?

If you're not throwing any CEL's, the first thing i might think of doing is tune up, if you suspect the car is not firing on all cylinders, perhaps it isn't.

After the tuneup, if the problem still persists, do a compression test (have fun getting a compression tester into those sparkplug holes) and find out if that's the problem

If there is a lot of white smoke coming from the ehaust, first thing that comes to mind is the head gasket. Check your oil and coolant and look for a milk mix. If it is the HG, good luck with that...two heads are better than one. :ph34r: I'm not sure if its just running rich, hence the gas smell because normally the smoke would be black.

Back