Car is dead! HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
My car just died. Meaning I am getting no electrical power out of the battery. We got the battery tested: its fine. The only things that work are the horn and the brake lights. Other than that, everything is dead. Nothing in the car, and nothing under the hood (ie the starter). Any ideas????

I checked fuses and grounds: nothing

Well The Altenator charges tha battery of course but only when tha car is running. Did you leave something on i.e. radio or lights on when tha car was off?

Well The Altenator charges tha battery of course but only when tha car is running. Did you leave something on i.e. radio or lights on when tha car was off?

The battery isn't dead! I had it tested and its fine. The hazards, the horn, and the brake light still work. Everything else is dead.

I think it might be in your ignition assembly. The ECU Flashers Horn and Brakes all get their power from the under hood fuse box. The battery runs directly to that then from that box power goes into the ignition assembly then from there into the main fusebox. I would check the ignition assembly first it's the wire assembly behind the key.

I think it might be in your ignition assembly. The ECU Flashers Horn and Brakes all get their power from the under hood fuse box. The battery runs directly to that then from that box power goes into the ignition assembly then from there into the main fusebox. I would check the ignition assembly first it's the wire assembly behind the key.

Good +1
I'll check that. Seems like a logical thing to look at.

And in response to Wheelbroker1, the car does not turn over.

Its not the ignition switch. The headlights, and interior lights don't work either. These don't require the ignition to be on to work.

was work done to it before this happened? could there be a bad connection on a fuse box connector or somthing like that? or your main relay? you could check that too.

I was working on it... I was running the car. Turned it off and switched out the fuel pressure regulator, and it wouldn't start back up. It wasn't something that got progressively worse over time. It just died out of nowhere.

Check This Out Then!

:)
Good +1
I'll check that. Seems like a logical thing to look at.

And in response to Wheelbroker1, the car does not turn over.

**If she wont turn over and the battery is fully charged, then I would look to these few things for you to check:**
#1 Starter solenoid faulity
# 2 Ignition switch check, may be faulty
# 3 Starter pinion or your flywheel teeth worn or maybe even broken.
# 4 Starter motor could still be faulity, take it off and have it bench tested...

:) WheelBroker1

your solenoid may not be plugged in on the starter if it is try hitting it with a hammer while someone
else is cranking it

I got it fixed! One of the ground wires was frayed and I didn't notice it the first time I looked. Got it fixed tho and the car is running. Thanks all for the help!

Back