Car is idling weird and overheating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jockdeeznutz

Il try to explain this very well so u guys could help me.
My car was overheating so i checked it out. One my hoses probably a coolant hose that goes from my motor to my intake had a hole. Coolant was squirting out. I was driving home and i was 1 block away and my car died. I turned back it on and it was barely on like how it feels when u ran out of gas. My car could only like 10mph and was very weird. I was step on the gas and the car would take forever to speed and is idling really weird.

I got a new hose and clamps and replaced that. MY car is still idling weird. I can turn on but barely drive. Any suggestions?
thanks

How low did you colant go? If you're car overheated you probably damaged your themistat. A broken themistat would cause your car to overheat, so try that plus its a cheap part to replace:)

check your thermostat.. and idling weird and takin forever to speed up.. hmm.. does your car sound like a go kart..?? check ur spark plugs.. only thing i can think of..

Originally posted by jockdeeznutz@Jul 14 2004, 11:39 PM
ya kinda sounds like a GO KART....One of my spark plug hoses are damaged? could that be it?

yea.. i would have to say so.. while youre at it change the spark plugs too..

What it sounds like to me is a blown head gasket or fried piston rings. I have experience with this in my civic before and my thunderbird. If your car overheats for too long usually what happens is the head gaskets blow out and then your head warps. The funny idling you're having is probably from not having enough engine compresion because of the blown gasket. Your best bet is just to get your car towed to a shop.... First thing they'll check is your engine compresion. If I'm right that you have a blown gasket then that means you're going to have to rebuild your engine ro get another one. Hey, atleast this is a perfect excuse for a motor swap! ;)

OK i found out the problem it was my spark plugs..U were right
THanks everyone for the suggestions

And i got a swap sittin at my friends house..going in soon =)

Back