Car Not Used In 10 Years

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

My cousin got this 1980's Porsche (sorry, not a honda) and it hasn't been running for about 10 years, my cousin will give me the car, i checked out registration for it at the DMV and it would cost me like $90. A $90 1980's Porsche that hasn't been driven for 10 years. What will i need to do with it in general to get it running again? switch out engine? Tubing? Gas Tank? Oil Pan?

It depends why was it parked 10 years ago? If it din't run then it won't run now. However if it did run then what you need will depend on how it's been stored. could take just a battery some fresh gas and a oil change/oil system prime, or the engine could be completly done from water getting into it while sitting. You have to take a look at it and use common sense.

you need to change all the hoses and belts, the brake lines and anything else that had fluid sitting in it that may have corroded. change the oil, trans fluid, give it a tune up, flush the coolant system and bleed the entire brake system. basically bleed any kind of fluid you find and replace it, if it wasn't stored on jack stands the tires probably have flat spots.

what state do you live in? you may have to get the car running to even register it. if it doesn't have to run to register it i would fix it first anyways so you don't spend the reigistration money if you decide you don't want to keep it

Back