car overheated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arpee79

OK all was fine i went to work and i worked sorta LOL so im bored i start cleaning my engine polish here and there so i stuck my hand behind her intake manifold near the oil filter cuz the stupid main harnness barely reaches the knock sensor and the other 2 sensors and i tried to pulling it a bit to make it reach more,Can someone tell me what those sensors are and wich is wich i know the knock sensor is at the top green the other one has 2 connector and the bottom one has only 1,I think i accidently disconnected one of them thats why my car over heated so nasty i couldnt stick my hand back there to check the sensors and it dark out now so tommorow morning i will check it it took about 30 to cool of my FAN did not start at all i check the wires and nothing..............DO ONE OF THE SENSORS NEAR THE KNOCK SENSOR CONTROL ANYTHING DOING WITH THE RADIATOR FAN GOING ON?????

ya the sensor that has 2 posts coming off of it is the fan thermoswitch..when you get it hooked up right could you tell me which post on the sensor you connected the yellow/green wire?...cuz i think i have mine backwards and my fan isnt coming on..if you need help let me know

ok i will check wich one goes where i dont know either but probably dont matter I HOPE THATS WHAT CAUSED IT TO OVER HEAT please be that :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

If not then it either my fan thats fucked or the water pump and maybe even the MUGEN thermostat

What would make the radiator fan not turn on other then teh damn shit being broken it start overheating and the fan wont turn on its a 92 JDM civic radiator those half pint but its on my 90 civic SI HB so where are the relays for this model ,like can it be the relay thats making it not work or a sensor..................SHIT it was working fine yesterday

HELP HELP HELP im stuck at home because it overheats this sux :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by arpee79@Sep 27 2003, 01:00 PM
What would make the radiator fan not turn on other then teh damn shit being broken it start overheating and the fan wont turn on its a 92 JDM civic radiator those half pint but its on my 90 civic SI HB so where are the relays for this model ,like can it be the relay thats making it not work or a sensor..................SHIT it was working fine yesterday

HELP HELP HELP im stuck at home because it overheats this sux :worthy: :worthy:

Change the thermostat. It shouldnt over heat just because the fan isnt coming on. Ok well, it will, but not extremely bad, especially if your moving. Something else must be wrong.

OK i will change it but the fan is still not coming on what can it be thats causing it to not SPIN.

what wires the 2 fan wires yes they are connected if in the right order i dont knowcuz the original wires are black with a solid red line and the other is fuck i will take a pic and post so you can see the freaking mess i have.THNANKS WILL

dammit i changed the relay and its not the relay i now the fan work cuz i tried it straight to the battery so it works and i know its the fan thats causing it to overheaqt cuz i turn the fan on when it was overheating and whaaala it cooled down.....so what else can be causing the fan not to turn on is it the sensor in the back will it matter if the to wires are backwards HELP HELP :worthy: :worthy:

OK thanks all who help really thats to you WILL & RUDE^%^@#*@#* .....lol
I found my problem wasnt the relay wasnt the thermostat nor the sensor all it was was a blow FUSE thats it 15a FUSE man things sometimes seem like big problems and result being little easy to fix things....

WE LEARN as WE Go :werd:

Back