car overheating

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok put 50/50 in and i bled the system and made a small mess. drove it for a good 15-20 minutes and it was fine. i checked it for leaking and i think its the radiator. anything i can do besides replace it?

No. You just have to get new one. 1-800-radiator has Koyo oem spec ones delivered to your door. Their prices aren't bad either. I got one for the Si last spring as I didn't have time to find something more exotic for her.

That stuff you pour into the radiator to stop the leaks is bad news. Don't do it. :ph34r:

leaks not that bad so im just going to keep the thing full until i get cash for a fluidyne piece.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Dec 15 2004, 03:10 PM-->
ok put 50/50 in and i bled the system and made a small mess. drove it for a good 15-20 minutes and it was fine. i checked it for leaking and i think its the radiator. anything i can do besides replace it?
[post=432748]Quoted post[/post]​
yes

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 15 2004, 03:24 PM
No. You just have to get new one. 1-800-radiator has Koyo oem spec ones delivered to your door. Their prices aren't bad either. I got one for the Si last spring as I didn't have time to find something more exotic for her.

That stuff you pour into the radiator to stop the leaks is bad news. Don't do it. :ph34r:
[post=432759]Quoted post[/post]​

works good but even better trick is get it good and hot then use egg whites

sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Dec 15 2004, 11:45 PM
leaks not that bad so im just going to keep the thing full until i get cash for a fluidyne piece.
[post=433009]Quoted post[/post]​

use a pare of ives gripes ti pinch the leaky fin shut

find the leak and use some high temp liquid gasket for the meantime - dont put that repair radiator crap it will clog eventually is what im thinking she is getting at

Back