Car Paint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vietec

Does anybody know a site where i can learn how to paint a car? I want to learn about all the material i need and instructions To paint cars. How much does car paints usually cost? If anybody knows any info, please educate me THANKS!!!

i would suggest going to a bookstore and pick up a book on automotive painting. as far as cost of paint goes...depends on what brand, if you want a pearl or whatever. there are several more factors...but pick up a book on automotive painting first. look on amazon.com for some.

There's a school in Cali that teaches it actually. Plus it depends on what you want to get. Like the popular Candy Apple Red treatment. Tha's an expensive paint job, because after the primer dries, you need a basecoat. Like Kenny Tran did, he had a Gold Melt Base, and taped off a Q on his ride. Then layed down the Candy Apple Red layer. Kind of like a glaze ya know?

I just Did repairs myself on my teg and let me tell you paint color makes all the diffrence in price, Reds and yellows are exspensive where talking $100 a quart, where as shades of black, blue, and green cost about $20-$40 a quart, now your candy coats and changing colors run about $170-$350 a quart. So if your looking to this your self paints gooing to kill you in price. As for tools and supplies Id go to Harbor Frieght tools if you have on around because there you can get a 21 Gal compressor for $200 and Paint guns for $20-$75. So If your looking to really get into paintting your looking at about a Grand or so in supplies.

well i jsut bought the supplies to get my 96 hatch painted championship white...1 gal of paint was $188....with everyhting else like primer, clearcoat, sandpaper, plastic adhesive, the total for supplies came to like $520

Shit, that is why I am painting my car with spray cans, or some sort of an industrial enamel.

Heres an Idea... If you want to have your car look like crap and save money do it yourself! If you want to save money and cant afford to pay a good place try maaco! If youve never done paint or prep work before.. there results are going to be better than yours! And thats not saying much!

Hey does anyone know what the color code is for cyborg green. Its a really hard color to describe, its not like a candy apple green but close. Does anyone know what that color code is cuz that is the color i want to paint my car.

first you should find out who makes that color, like if its a house of kolors color or what it is. Then u will know where to look for the code but just knowing the name of the color is goin to make it real difficult. I am a body repair tech and i do this for a living. paints all depend on what color and what brand as far as price goes like said before. but i strongly sugest if you have never had any experience with this and you want your car to look nice, have someone who knows what they are doing atleast help u if not do it for u. painting is nothing your going to learn how to do out of a book. I have been doing it for 3 yrs now and i still have alot to improve. So in my opinion if u want to learn, start with something u dont care so much about and wont mind doing once or twice to get the hang of things

Back