Car problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geminianm1

My friends car is having some problems and we cant really pin the source even tho we have an idea. The problems are: There is fresh oil it seems like in the exhaust. When you acclerate fast or just drive, the car loses a lot more gas than it should but it does not leak when car is off. I have no idea what could be causing the oil in the exhause but i think the terrible gas mileage could be a bad fuel hose or o rings maybe?? Thanks for the help

It's really hard to say..
Are you sure it's oil and not alot of fuel?
Sounds like he is running really rich to me

have you done a compression test yet? never heard of oil making it past the cat, but if it is getting there, then its probably your rings.

Quoted post[/post]]
It's really hard to say..
Are you sure it's oil and not alot of fuel?
Sounds like he is running really rich to me
:withstupid: :withstupid:

just because its black its not always oil...i was running @ 60 psi on my lsv and little fuel would come out of the exaust onto the shop floor.....but i was running a 100 shot..i'm not a tuner but i wastrying to keepg it safe

Quoted post[/post]]
Yea the car is running really rich the exhaust smells like unburned gasoline
Then perhaps it's NOT oil at all.
It might just appear to be oil, when i had my single cam running wrong, and really rich, my exhaust was full of thick black carbon/fuel shit.
Check the timing!
Has he had a tune-up?
Check the injectors too.

Also check the O2 sensor, if the sensor is faulty the computer will default to a rich mixture to protect the engine. they don't always show a trouble code either.

Symptoms:

1.Black sutty smoke from exhaust
2.Lack of power
3.Poor fuel mileage
4.Missing or stumble on accleration.

Including all suggestions in previous posts.

Regards
Vic.

Well the o2 sensor was just changed out of the car about a week ago, but we will check the injectors then to see if there bad

Back