1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car randomly shutting off

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Ignorant import guy, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Ignorant import guy

Ignorant import guy Senior Member

I have a 99 ex and it randomly shuts off while driving. It doesn't matter if the car is warmed up or not or whether it it wet out or not sometimes the engine just shuts off. Wen this happens I lose power to everything for a split second but then as soon as I pull the key out and try to start the car the engine turns over and momentarily starts and after a few tries starts up fine ad is able to drive like normal. Any ideas on the problem? I was thinking maybe a fuel filter (hopefully) but also maybe the fuel pump has gone bad? Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Parrish36

Parrish36 New Member

i am definatley no expert but i had that problem in a kia once and it was a short in the wiring harness.

3. orangemanja

orangemanja 99exturbob16aswap

man i m having almost the same problem but i have a 99ex with a turbo b16 swap. my car shut off while driving it yesturday after it was rebuilt but i had to get a tow truck ill let you know if i figure out what caused it if its a similar problem

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

check all your grounds. sounds like a wiring problem.

5. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Could be the ignition switch itself. On my Rabbit something happened with the tumblers or some crap and everything would shut off like I turned the key off.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted