Car Rentals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Does anyone know of a car rental company that will rent to an 18 year old? The closest I've found is Budget. They'll rent to a 21 year old, but that's it. Avis and Hertz won't. They're like everyone else who only rents to 25 or older.
A kid at school last year got a rental car at 18 because his car was in the shop and the person who hit him had to pay for the rental Cavalier. But I dont' know where he got his car. But it was destroyed when he returned it.

Originally posted by Prowler@Dec 3 2003, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know of a car rental company that will rent to an 18 year old? The closest I've found is Budget. They'll rent to a 21 year old, but that's it. Avis and Hertz won't. They're like everyone else who only rents to 25 or older.
A kid at school last year got a rental car at 18 because his car was in the shop and the person who hit him had to pay for the rental Cavalier. But I dont' know where he got his car. But it was destroyed when he returned it.

Have a parent rent it for you.. or an older friend

i'm going on a trip to california. no parents or people who would trust me not to wreck their car, or a rental under their name.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 3 2003, 06:47 PM
your basically s.o.l

:werd:

sorry man. 99.99999% of the places don't allow anyone under 25 to rent a car without a parents consent.

even if you did (which you won't) no one would let you take it out of state. If, there is some off the wall company that lost its mind and rented you a car AND allowed you to take it out of state the rental rate would be astronomical

i'm flying into california from montana. once i get there i'll need a car. i'd rent there (duh). if it was summer time, i'd just take the mustang for a road trip, but i won't take it over mountain passes in MT, Idaho, and Washington in January.
:wave:

you're fucked nate... sorry.. cali is even more liable for auto accident. Best suggestion is to drive the stang, but go easy.. if they can drive the 03's up there yr round, you can take that 5.0

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Dec 3 2003, 09:05 PM
you're fucked nate... sorry.. cali is even more liable for auto accident. Best suggestion is to drive the stang, but go easy.. if they can drive the 03's up there yr round, you can take that 5.0

#1: EH??

#2: If you look in a phonebook, you can usually find a place that rents to 18 year olds (for a significant price). There was one down here (in San Diego) that rented exotics, and 18 year olds could apply...

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Dec 3 2003, 09:42 PM-->
Domeskilla
@Dec 3 2003, 09:05 PM

#1: EH??

#2: If you look in a phonebook, you can usually find a place that rents to 18 year olds (for a significant price). There was one down here (in San Diego) that rented exotics, and 18 year olds could apply...

eh on what?

they're going to say.. we are in cali.. there are 9 million ppl here, you're from butt fuck montana, where you see 2 cars and 20 horses on the road in a day.. you're liable to get in an accident.

he drives a 5.0 mustang, and the 03 cobra's are a lot more powerful, if ppl can drive them in the snow/ice up there, he can drive his 180hp 5.0 stang..

thank you.

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Dec 3 2003, 09:59 PM
eh was my confusion as to what 03's were...

s'all good... the thank you part wasnt a smartass reply, if you took it as that.. :)

My car got hit when i was 18. SO i needed a rental car. I had to scream like hell just to get one. So i guess for insurance reasons they had to. But just to rent is going to be hard.

Back