car running bad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

I have a 92 civic hatchback with a 99 GSR Swap, today I was driving about to take my friends brother to work, I knew I had barely any gas but I tried to pick up his brother before getting gas to save a trip but it ended up dieing on his street, I made it to his driveway and went to the gas station after. when i came back and put gas in the car the battery was dead because I left the keys in it with the radio on(stupid me) anyways, we jump started the car it took a long time to recharge up the battery and the car started to crank, it struggled to start after a few tries but it finally started; but it could barely stay on and it was idling harshly, i have no muffler on the car and it was backfiring like crazy, even if i floored the gas it wouldnt get over 2.5k, the only way to keep the car on was to keep pressing the gas. We checked the sparkplugs nothing wrong there, we check the fuel injectors they are good. My friends dad says its possibly the Distributor,Cam timing, or the spark plug timing, i have no idea can some one please help me out? also no C.E.L, car was not beaten it, it just ran out of gas.

fuel filter is probably clogged. try removing it and dumping it out and shaking it. then reinstall it and see how your car is. if not u might want to get a new filter

Back