Car saga cont.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
So after the bent rim causing tire wear and tear, the window regular, the fuel filter, the broken glove box and the malfunctioning window wipers.....my turbo has developed major high pitch whine and i need new brakes lol.

(can i return that ring!)

The guy who fixed all the other stuff checked it out and said it's pretty much shot.

I just ordered a K04 Turbo to replace the current K03 since he said it was a direct bolt on. $459 for the turbo, $450 for the install and $250 for the brakes/rotors.

Damn women!!!!... Always trying to stop us.

god I hope no one finds this thread and says 'well this guy said that if I just keep the boost pressure the same it means that everything stays the same'

To own a Honda again to think that 250 is expensive for stock rotors and pads.

I pay $16 a rotor for my Honda for racing! lol.. That is the only reason I've avoided getting into a BBK for that car.

I would also double check the tune VS turbo support. You may run VERY lean with a larger turbo, and a motor replacement is a MUCH heftier bill than a new flash.

How many miles you got on that thing?
just under 60k miles

Its already chipped with APR Stage 1 + and i picked up like 50+hp and 80tq with the chip with the stock k03, i don't expect to see much difference until or if i get it retuned.

Audi wanted $500 for the breaks and $3500 for the turbo job with the stock k03

2004 was a bad year for audi's apparantly

Back