car selection

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

firstly, i'd like to say thanks to pissedoffsol for gracing us with his presence on this thread.
secondly, thanks again for the great, unbiased opinions.
finally, insurance is of some importance to me (and my parents), and so any cars that would meet the criteria of low insurance payments would most nearly solidify our purchase.

(8k is for car only, no mods)

dosterschill

A 94-95 GS-R sedan. Good cars, reliable and easy to work on. Parts are easy to find used. You can learn a lot from working on these cars. Once you master a car like this, you can move on to something more exotic. I love my sedan and there's a lot to be said for the sleeper sedan look.

1991 Honda CRX Si, 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse (GSX?), 1993 Nissan 240SX, 80's Ford Mustang 5.0, early 90's Dodge Neon RT 2dr, ummm... what else between 0-8k that's decent... any 93-98 Civic HX/EX coupe, an older Mazda Miata or RX-7, SAAB 9000... Hell, you could probably find an older Chevy Vette for under 8k too.

The possibilities are limitless. Go to www.cars.com and enter your price range and zip code. You'll find something you like.

Back