+car shakin under acceleration+

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cubasonlysiblurre

hey guys i drive a 00 civic slow...i have a problem with my car during acceleration it starts shakin in ever gear and then when you let of the gas it stops and does just fine. I thought i could be the moter mounts, drive shafts or the wheel bearins. And even sometimes around 75 mph it will start makin this weird ass noise like somethings hittin shit and then it will quite and be fine. Any info would be great thanks.

replace the things you mentioned, then get back to us.

Axles will cuase this, are they new or rebuilt?

Motor mounts will cause this if they are excessivly worn.

How does the sound, sound?

The axels are the same ones that have been on there for 6 hard years so...but i left the car in gear and rocked my car back and forth to see if the moter mounts moved more then normal. How can you tell if there excessivly worn or damaged? And well the sound, it sounds like... well like when you tap your two pointer finger on a wooden desk fast, thats about the sound of it lol but yeah.

maybe axles? they reside in rubber boots which might make a metal grind/clink sound like a tap on a desk.. maybe.. Kinda tough to say over the net...

Also, check your entire exhaust for clearance. might be the sound of the exhaust tapping the body at some point. This is also a symptom of a blown motor mount.

And do a visual inspection of the rear motor mount. You can see if it is bad or not, just get back there with a flashlight. If it has gone bad you will see it.

I would agree with most who posted above.
The axles could cause problems on acceleration
never heard of wheel bearings only acting up on acceleration

i find it odd that it does it when you put a load on it, kinda makes me wonder if you've got pinging or knocking
what octane do you run?
whats your timing set at?
and how many miles on the motor?

Yeah it only does it when i put a load on it, but it doesnt when i just rev it up the moter sounds good and clean. Im runnin 89 Octane in it all the time eversince i bought it. I really dont know what my timing is set at but, the problem just startin one day on the way to springfeild. And the moter has 125 K on it so.

Do you have good plug wires on it? They will usually only act up under a load.

I think i have good spark plugs on there they look good and new....no metel shavins in the cap or anything...not corrosion around any of the plugs... and how do i check the balance weight on the axles.

well i jacked the front of the car up the other day and i could move my wheels side to side so that has to be a wheel barring right? O and the 93oct did not work.

side to side is usually ball joint
up and down is wheel bearing

metal shavings could be any moving part...
i have never seen a bearing make shavings, but yours could be severe
do you have up and down play along with the side to side?
wheell bearing would cause more vibration when you let off usually, not on accel...

this may be about a month late and seem kind of stupid, but i had a 95 eclipse that did the same thing. if the problem is still occuring make sure the lug nuts are tight.

i drove the eclipse pretty hard and on two occasions it acted as you described, turns out 4 or the lugs on one side worked themselves loose and the wheel would wobble under accel, foot off throttle and it acted normal.

Back