car shopping!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
yo i helped my girlfriends brother pic out some cars today and well we narrowed it down to 3 vehicles. The problem is. which has a stronger motor. the RS or the B18c1 LS? they are both in clean shape( havent driven them yet) .
give me some info on the difference between the 2 motors and the amount of horsepower they produce.

B18C1 is a GSR motor, not an LS motor. If the LS has the original motor in it it should be a B18B, which is the same.

RS has the same motor as the LS.

Originally posted by Taco15@Feb 2 2005, 06:58 PM
yo i helped my girlfriends brother pic out some cars today and well we narrowed it down to 3 vehicles. The problem is. which has a stronger motor. the RS or the B18c1 LS?  they are both in clean shape( havent driven them yet) .
give me some info on the difference between the 2 motors and the amount of horsepower they produce.
[post=455425]Quoted post[/post]​

the RS LS and GS all have the same motor, the LS does not have a B18C1 unless the previous owner swapped it...the GSR has the B18c1, the others have a B18b (non-vtec) RS,LS,GS=142hp 127lbs. torque, the GSR=170hp 128 lbs. of torque...if the LS infact has a B18c1 in it, get that one.

dude i think the guy swicthed blocks cause i iswear it said b18c1. Now it wasnt a VTEC thats for sure. Is that possible to do? I mean, it looks stock as hell. The block was also so clean it was silver. I mean, like as if it were sandblasted recently. The guy wanted 11,000 for a 4 door automatic.

OMFG!!!!! WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!

Putting a non-vtec head on a GSR block = kinda dumb, IMO.

If the engine's frankenstein'd together, the rest of the car might be too. Avoid this one.

yeah im definitly leaning towards the older RS. its a hatchback but was unable to see the code. Im pretty sure its stock. the guy want 4g for that one. Its not my call. its erics. so we might not even get any of them. Either, thanks again guys for helping me out.
OHH and i was going to buy a GSR powered rex for $2,500 but i didnt have enough money. well the guy sold it. man was i dissapointed. A very good motor has once again slipped my hands :bangdesk:

Originally posted by Taco15@Feb 2 2005, 09:35 PM
yeah im definitly leaning towards the older RS. its a hatchback but was unable to see the code. Im pretty sure its stock. the guy want 4g for that one. Its not my call. its erics. so we might not even get any of them. Either, thanks again guys for helping me out.
OHH and i was going to buy a GSR powered rex for $2,500 but i didnt have enough money. well the guy sold it. man was i dissapointed. A very good motor has once again slipped my hands :bangdesk:
[post=455510]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, I'm Taco's girlfriends brother....
Lets go back with a flash light and look at both those motors. I have the $ to buy the little RS, and if you guys say $11k is too much then I ain't paying.

Is the car on autotrader.com? Post up a link if it is and we'll tell you if its :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:

The block code should be about 2/3 the way down the left edge of the block if you're looking at it from the front of the car. That's where it is on a B18 anyway.

Originally posted by Taco15@Feb 2 2005, 10:29 PM
hey whts up eric!
[post=455568]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey Abel,
What was that loudmouthed car sales man's name address and phone?

the guys name is Link. Is it cool to post address and #'s here?

i know where the code is but there was a little grease on it and couldnt wipe it off. Ill call and find out tomm.

Originally posted by Taco15@Feb 2 2005, 10:50 PM
the guys name is Link. Is it cool to post address and #'s here?
[post=455592]Quoted post[/post]​

you can just pm it to me.

done it!

by the way check out the audio/security/electronics section to see info on "ipod in car"

Back