Car Show

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
January 30th, 31st, and Feb 1st

My friend will have his VW beetle w/T3 and his 600hp Supra at the show.

Yeah guys, you should come... I'm gonna have my Civic there...

252.JPG

Is it the Frank Maretta or wtf ever his last name is show?

BTW this weekend at the expo center ownz this car show. I might be buying a boat at it this weekend.

If I can get the Hood on the Z replaced..it might go.....

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 22 2004, 08:35 AM
what fun is it to look at cars that i dont care to own or drive? :roll:

You wouldn't want to own or drive a 600hp Supra?!?!? What the fuck is wrong with you? :blink: :p

Originally posted by SasSi+Jan 22 2004, 12:24 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Jan 22 2004, 08:35 AM
what fun is it to look at cars that i dont care to own or drive?  :roll:

You wouldn't want to own or drive a 600hp Supra?!?!? What the fuck is wrong with you? :blink: :p

i dont know. ive driven supras before. maybe not 600hp... but ive driven a few.

i dont see the big deal.

Well, 600 hp is no small feat, regardless of what it's in.

As far as Supras, it's the closest that Japan has come to a muscle car. And that is impressive. As far as 4th gens, the style varied too great from the some of the originals - From the first gen celica mods to the second / 3rd gen distinctions. The second Gen was about 15 years ahead of it's time, for control, power, and reliability. It also had some toys in it that the others lacked (It had seperate drivers / passenger heat).

Supras aren't really made in the classical Japanese manner. They aren't lightweight, flickable cars. And because of that you may feel it's bulkier and sloppier than some others. Comparing the RX7 1987 to the Supra NA 1987, I find the two cars are actually on par, even though the RX7 makes your heart pound.

It's all about the Significance of the car, the Supra broke ground for who demanded more reliability and toys than the Firebirds could provide, yet at the same time wanted to feel comfortable at 120+ mph. It succeeded in both arenas.

4Th gens, to me, was where I marked the end of the automotive industry. It's starting of the "Huge headlight" trend, it's baskethandle wing, and smoothed over body treatment to me seems lame. I'll sport a 1982 Supra anyday over the 4th gen.

-> Steve

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Jan 22 2004, 11:21 PM-->
Originally posted by SasSi@Jan 22 2004, 12:24 PM
TurboMirage
@Jan 22 2004, 08:35 AM
what fun is it to look at cars that i dont care to own or drive?  :roll:

i dont know. ive driven supras before. maybe not 600hp... but ive driven a few.

i dont see the big deal.

thats because you drive a mirage.

This car ran 11.6 in the 1/4 with completely stock suspension with street tires at 130mph (no traction at all lol).

With the new tire setup with DOT approved slicks and a slightly reworked suspension, this car should hit the 10's. BTW, it makes around 615 - 620 hp on a completely stock bottom end.

The supra is a magnificent car - this friend of mine's father has an identicle supra of the same year, the only mod on it is a torque converter, and it ran 12.0, now, consider that dodge vipers and porche's run a lil less than that for much more. . . .

nmmm...it today and this week-end....

The Z has not been touched...so I can't take it. But got any more info on this show?

Back