car smells ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
well as some of you know i got me a 81 civic hatch, the inside looks mint but it smells like crazy, what can i do to get the smell out

I don't know for sure if it would work. But I do know that a box of baking soda will help absorb funny smells in refrigerators. I was thinking about giving it a try in my car, the new seats I got for it came out of a smoker's car, and it gets pretty pungent if I'm not driving with the windows down.

If anyone knows of a good way to get rid of smoker smell, I'd like to know.

I would think you'd have to strip the interior and clean everything seats, cushions, plastic and the bare interior of the car. Most things that cushion or insulate will hold odors so some might need to be replaced. Or you could just paint the car black with a white stripe and talk with a french accent, a la pepe la pew

Lol when I occasionally stop smoking in my car, I use febreeze. I noticed a big difference after a few days of spraying the seats and stuff down a couple times a day.
I dunno if it'll permanently solve your problem, but it's worth a try.
I also noticed the regular spray worked better than the aerosol version of febreeze, though it's more liquid and makes things a little wet.

Lol when I occasionally stop smoking in my car, I use febreeze. I noticed a big difference after a few days of spraying the seats and stuff down a couple times a day.
I dunno if it'll permanently solve your problem, but it's worth a try.
I also noticed the regular spray worked better than the aerosol version of febreeze, though it's more liquid and makes things a little wet.
solid, its better wet LOL

lol I smoke in my car. They're right, the cigarette scent NEVER goes away I think you'd have to replace everything including the damn windows to completely get rid of it.

Hmmm. there's gotta be something to get it out...
I mean if mythbusters can get the majority of dead pig smell out of a... I think it was a corvette, then why not cigarette smoke? lol.

Hmmm. there's gotta be something to get it out...
I mean if mythbusters can get the majority of dead pig smell out of a... I think it was a corvette, then why not cigarette smoke? lol.

Fire D One-Shot After-Fire Odor Control, Deodorizers

This is what you need, it will take ANY smell out of a car.

Yeah it works really well. I used it when I was a detailer, it would take out fish smell, sour milk, and even cars that were on fire. I liked it so much I would use it at home every so often. It is the only thing I have ever seen to take the fish smell out of a vehicle.

Did you miss something???

I might have to find me some of that stuff, those leather seats I got have a smoky smell to them. I can't tell if it's weed or cigarettes though. Never smoked, and never plan on smoking.

I might have to find me some of that stuff, those leather seats I got have a smoky smell to them. I can't tell if it's weed or cigarettes though. Never smoked, and never plan on smoking.

For your leather seats I would start with a cleaner and a conditioner (two different products). I reccomend Lexol products. They work real nice on leather.

No I didn't miss anything. I was musing.
Thanks though.

No I didn't miss anything. I was musing.
Thanks though.

After reading through this thread and looking at your avatar picture again, I realized you've got a cigarette in your mouth. I guess I always assumed it was a sucker, lol...

Back