car smells ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I might have to find me some of that stuff, those leather seats I got have a smoky smell to them. I can't tell if it's weed or cigarettes though. Never smoked, and never plan on smoking.

Gotta be cigarettes. Weed scent in a car or house smells fruity and pleasant even though I don't smoke it anymore I still LOVE the smell of it. Cigarette stench is just nasty but hard to notice after 5 years of smoking.

For your leather seats I would start with a cleaner and a conditioner (two different products). I reccomend Lexol products. They work real nice on leather.

Ok I'll look for some of that stuff the next time I'm at Schucks. I'm assuming that I can find Lexol products there? If not where should I check?

Yeah and also weed scent doesn't stick around nearly as disgustingly as cigarette smoke scent does. I love the smell of weed but HATE smoking it. I'm a drinker!!!

Remove the interior seats and panels and then remove the carpet. Underneath the carpet is insulation. Remove and replace it as well as the carpet and if you don't find any dead animals in the process it should be on the road to recovery :thumbsup:

If that doesn't cure your smell, than pull the dash and inspect the duct work and the heater core. Something might have crawled into the ventilation ducts and permanently resided there. Heater cores will smell terrible when clogged or damaged. Good luck.

Back