1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by VTECPOWER, Jan 27, 2005.

1. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

Hey, i recieved a call today about me recieving a sponsorship for modifying my car, from www.sportcompactpro.com and i was wondering if anyone had ever dealt with them previously or had heard anything about them? They have told me that i have to pay them $88 to have them send a contract out to me, which will take 1-2 weeks to get here, but it seems kinda shady to me, $79 of the $88 is said to be tax deductable and they are supposidly giving me $12,000 to modify my car as long as i put stickers on my car to represent them and enter into 4-6 car shows in one year, if anyone has dealt with them and has any information about them it would be apreciated. Thanks

2. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

I want to know also :imgone:

3. adidas_man

adidas_man Honorary Honda Driver

a guy i work with "says" that he is sponsored by sport compact pro, but he is mostly full of BS so i don't know. but i can try to find out more info from him. what you said about the payment, money you get, and car shows is all the same stuff that he has said to me. except, you don't just get 12,000 dollars, you can get up to 12,000 (or something close to that amount can't remember the exact amount) depending on certain stuff, which i have no idea what is.

4. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

alright man, thanks, if u could do that for me and let me know asap, and what it says is from $5000 up to $12000 which you are right about, thanks again

5. swanny

swanny Senior Member

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

What I want to know is... where are they getting the names and numbers of people to try and sell this scam to? I guess nobody I've bought from has sold my name and number to them yet. It must mean I'm doing business in all the right places. :lol:

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yeah, this is like the biggest shit going around the net.

they willg ive you 12k after you've spent 20k with them on 200% marked up prices on shit parts

8. ahedau

ahedau Senior Member

if its too good to be true, it always is...

If they want you to up front $90 just to get a peek at a "contract" run, don't walk, away.

If you want sponsorship, there are no shortcuts!

unfortunately, these people are making it nearly impossible to get sponsored by a local company anymore.

9. One Stop Customs

One Stop Customs Senior Member

lets put it like this... everyone on this thread send me $80.00 and I will make your $80.00's tax deductable, and will sponsor you will $15,000... yeah, sounds nice... I wouldn't send them $1.00.

See, if you want a sponsorship, just put money into your car, hit up shows, etc... and vendors will see you...

The way I sponsor cars is, if I know the person has a good reputation in the street and shows and the car is out there representing every weekend, wether it be a picnic, car show, or cruising spot... I'll sponsor him with my product...

So really, what I am trying to say is, if you want to get F_cked, at least lube yourself first :) :blink: Keep your money amigo...

10. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

nice avatar...my hatchie!

11. One Stop Customs

One Stop Customs Senior Member

Do you happen to know how much I miss my girlfriend that you bought from me :( FUCK MAN!!!

Now imma try and buy my sisters, sis's in law Type R, try and convince her to sell it to me hahaha. Oh, lowriders will be finished this summer, so I will hit you up so that you can come cruising with me :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted