Car stumbling under load...plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theczechone

Ok, so after two weeks of worry free driving my hatch is at it again. (B16A, p30 ecu)

Yesterday I drove for 300 miles cruising at around 80mph no heavy acceleration or even vtec engage, car ran great the whole way, this morning I drove additional 50 miles stopped and than 20min to work. I was almost at work and i notice the car stumbling while cruising I feel the engine cut out. I press in the clutch and the engine comes to an idle and I can rev it as much as i want to, put it back in gear and accelerate while accelerating the engine cuts off. I'm at work for 8 hours go to leave for home and the same thing is happening. I almost get home while driving with this problem and the car cuts out completely (don't know if relevant but car was on an incline), the car refuses to start after many tries. I get some help to get the car to my driveway only 6 houses up the hill (on flat surface) and try to crank the car after the fourth try spinning the engine the car starts revs fine while in neutral, but if in gear same problem.

the distributor is 2 weeks old
new spark plugs, plug wires 2 months ago
new o2 sensor 4 weeks ago
Ignition timing is set at 15.8 degrees BTDC

Any input is appreciated

the only thing i can think of is that you might have a fuel problem i would replace the fuel filter and then check to make sure the main relay is good and then go from there

I replaced the fuel filter 8 weeks ago forgot to mention that. I took out the fuel pump and it looked new as well, the filter was as white as rice, I only had the car about three months so i'm guessing that the pump was replaced there was fuel pressure at the filter when i took the 12mm bolt out for the fuel pressure gauge bunch of fuel came out. I don't have any way to check the actual pressure thou.
How do i go about checking the main relay?

Thank you, i believe that the problem is the fuel because this morning when i first tried to start it nothing the engine just turns over after letting the key in on position for a while the car seemed to want to start I feel like it would have started but I had to go to work.

Make sure your grounds are all good...and seriously really look at them all. Especially the thermostat. I had the same problem. I would replace things, and it would be fne for like a week, then the problem would come right back. I ended up throwing about $1500 dollars at it, to find out it was a ground the whole time. So if problem persists, check grounds.

Make sure your grounds are all good...and seriously really look at them all. Especially the thermostat. I had the same problem. I would replace things, and it would be fne for like a week, then the problem would come right back. I ended up throwing about $1500 dollars at it, to find out it was a ground the whole time. So if problem persists, check grounds.

read the post above yours.. he fixed it

Back