car theives could have YOUR keys!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Airjockie@Oct 25 2003, 05:38 AM
heres a scary thought.....I work on planes, and we have Matco, Snap-on, Cornwell,,,etc always driving by selling us tools. On their truck they have a master pick lock set that they sell for $100, and it has all the piks that will open any door, and ignition, and they only sell them to mechanics......like me. Do they work, hell yeah, I had a buddy that broke his key off in his cars ignition switch, and he called me, I borrowed the set from my buddy, and helped him get his car home....so.....BE WARNED....any body can get this set, and it will open/start any car......so an ignition cut-off alarm system/secret fuel cut-off switches are our only deffence.

:eek: thats NOT a good thing for theives to know :ph34r:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Oct 25 2003, 11:42 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Oct 25 2003, 04:53 AM
:eek: you sold hondas?! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks, but selling cars is an ugly process. I never lied to any of my customers, even though many of them lied to me. Of course, I loved my Civics, and I never sold a Passport. And at least I kept my integrity. My best work buddies were the mechanics and those in the parts department. I still get an employee discount on parts, even years later. lol.

thats sweet! :)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Oct 25 2003, 12:55 AM
Old news. Getting a key cut from a VIN# has been a topic of threads and convos for while now. Glad that Honda has finally wised up. However, anyone working for a dealership can get keys cut without showing proof of ownership. It's a good idea to coverup the VIN# plate on your dashboard.

I did that.. but then I found out they give us parking tickets at school for obscuring the vin... bastards.

I haven't heard of this VIN/ key thing yet that you were talking about seeing on t.v. but I know that in JAX, FL they had something similar happening. Mechanics at a few select oil lube shops were taking their customers cars on test drives and swinging by a hardware store having another buddy copying the keys. Later after the customer paid and left, the theives would get their address from the store computer database and a week later go and jack their car from their house. They would steal navigation systems, stereos, just about anything they could resale. I don't know how exactly they ended up getting caught but it was like 12 guys total.

We had a local car electronics shop here that had a bunch of jerkoff theives working in it. They would install your stereo systems and then a month later come by and jack your stuff. Crooked ass people in the world I tell ya.

That describes 95% of stereo shops.

Back