car u learned on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drag Modded 90 Camaro, Taking it to the prom, Fast and a bitch to learn on!!!!

I had a pimp 81 toyota corrolla tercel hatch sr5. no radio, an orange eagle on the side, and no paint on the top. It was the rally king of Caddo Mills. no one could touch me on this course we set up with some inter-connecting farm roads. Wish i still had the little guy

The arcade game Racing Jam. Clutch, stick, grinds, the works. A bad ass game.

87 Toyota Celica GT-S. It was kinda funny when my dad said punch it when i had only been driving a real stick for about an hour. I reved it to 6500 and power shifted into 2nd gear, that was the last time he ever said that. What did he expect, thats how i did it in the game, so why wouldn't it transfer into real life? :p

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 04:37 PM
Back then my friends had the best cars, thats how I got into Imports, one night my friend Joe was sleeping over, I waited for him to fall alsleep then I grabed his keys! (OH YEAH BABY) It was a 1989 supra turbo no turbo whistle but it was a V6, I shitted my pants when the boost kicked in, because I never drove a car with over 200 horses, LOL I was hitting the rev limiter like no bodies business I took car at 12:00 didn't come back till I was sure I knew how to drive stick! He woke up the next morning (He obviously left) and called me Joe said : Dude did you race my car last night? I said no and why. Joe : because my tank is almost empty. :bo: I said I dont know what to tell ya!

I call BS. I've driven the Supra Turbo, and as a seasoned Supra pro, the Turbo is godly. To take it out and revlimit shift on your first attempt at driving a stick is ... lets say unbelievable. And "no turbo whistle" ? You're a tool.

That's a tip from your Uncle Cel.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Dec 26 2003, 01:15 AM-->
Icy_winds_
@Dec 25 2003, 04:37 PM
Back then my friends had the best cars, thats how I got into Imports, one night my friend Joe was sleeping over, I waited for him to fall alsleep then I grabed his keys! (OH YEAH BABY) It was a 1989 supra turbo no turbo whistle but it was a V6, I shitted my pants when the boost kicked in, because I never drove a car with over 200 horses, LOL I was hitting the rev limiter like no bodies business I took car at 12:00 didn't come back till I was sure I knew how to drive stick! He woke up the next morning (He obviously left) and called me Joe said : Dude did you race my car last night? I said no and why. Joe : because my tank is almost empty. :bo: I said I dont know what to tell ya!

I call BS. I've driven the Supra Turbo, and as a seasoned Supra pro, the Turbo is godly. To take it out and revlimit shift on your first attempt at driving a stick is ... lets say unbelievable. And "no turbo whistle" ? You're a tool.

-> Steve

:withstupid: but thats probably why he kept bouncing of the rev limitor...cause he couldn't drive a stick. I never did in my Geo and I didnt even have a tach. But if you stole your friends car and ran it down to nothing whilest trying to basically destroy his car, you are a tool.

I think the first manual transmission that I drove was an old farm truck, but I really don't remember since I was like 10 or something.

'89 Prelude Si MT
'93 del Sol Si MT
now i have a del Lude Si/VTEC ;)

95 Prelude SE, and this thing had molded body kit all around wich makes you be more carefull,

for some reason I learned how to drive MT kinda fast...

......because my parents didn't know that I can't drive stick and they bought me the car, so while I had to wait for the State Patrol inspection I learned how to drive this biach like in 3 days=it was fun...

I learned on my friend's Probe GT. I told him that I knew how to drive stick so I would leave my car at his job and take his car and try to teach myself. After a couple of hours I figured out the concept.

Originally posted by Celerity@Dec 26 2003, 01:15 AM

I call BS.  I've driven the Supra Turbo, and as a seasoned Supra pro, the Turbo is godly.  To take it out and revlimit shift on your first attempt at driving a stick is ... lets say unbelievable.     And "no turbo whistle" ?   You're a tool.

-> Steve

No turbo whistle I didn't hear it I remember it because the supra had no rain gutters and it was rain light rain that night when you open the window on that car the rain slid off the roof and hit you in the face. Who hasent taking a car to the rev limit when trying to drive fast with a manual (when its there first time) and hit rev limit ? I know I have, no one that pefects on there first time.
So your telling me you drivin all years of supra including the first pop-up light turbos? Rev 8k shut the fuck up you was not fucken perfect the first time and you was flooring a geo the first time you drove a stick ?( I never did in my Geo and I didnt even have a tach) hahah 90 hp you would have to be stupid to hit the rev-limit in that thing, cause it would take forever to get up there.
Picking fights in a new thread? Dont ruin this one.

That night I was beating that thing up
Car3.jpg

It's is a monster when driving for the first time. I did'nt have an ear for turbo back then.

Back