car will not start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sevenhillsbilly

well i have aproblem my car is stranded at work and wont start
i have checked the fuel pump and fuses and relay and still wotn start can any one help me i need to know what to check to make sure it will start because it is getting fuel and spart but wont start

that sucks

Try the spark first. see how strong it is. pull a wire out of the distributor and let the electricity ark to the wire. if the spark is real dull it is the coil. what did it do when you shut it off does anyone have acess to the car who could have swapped the wires around as a joke mayby. if not one of these things idk b/c if you have spark, fuel, and ignition timing you should have fire. also check the plugs for fouling.

no no one messed with the car i parked it when i got to work and i went to go turn it on to show someone my exhaust but it wouldnt start and it was running funny on the way to work so i was gunna do plugs anyway so maybe it might just be that

maby, if not try the fuel filter it may be clogged so you can hear it prime but no fuel to the injectors. it is probably something minor.

Sounds like your coil it bad, pull your dist. cap off and look at the coil plug, it's probably very corroded and brittle.

Back