car will not start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicls21

hi guys,
see if anybody can help me out here...couple weeks ago I traded my integra for a 94 civic ex..drove it home with no problem...parked for days...then I changed the spark plugs, afterward the car will not start, does crank, and there is a solid cel with the ingition on position...so far I have checked the following:
-fuel is good (i hear it prime and smell it)
-spark plugs are fine (there is sparks with the test)
-battery is fine
-i tripled checked for any blown fuse none is found
after those tests, I replaced the ecu got no the cel with the on position but once it cranks over, cel comes back on (tried to pull it but looks lik solid also)

i'm kinda out of ideas.. any suggestions?
-main relay?
-bad ground? which one ?

thanks

There's a service clip under the glove box. Well there's two but you need the smaller one. Take a paper clip or piece of wire and connect one side of the plug to the other (AKA jumping the service connector). Turn key to on position and wait until the check engine light (CEL) starts to flash. Long flashes mean denominations of ten. Short flashes mean denominations of one. Like Morris Code. Then take that number and cross reference it a code chart for your car (google "Honda civic engine codes OBD1" or something like that) Then write back your findings.

Just spark plugs were replaced? Spark Plug Wires? Connected correctly to dizzy?

since the problem occurred, i have replaced the spark plug wires also...the cel is a solid (it does not come on until i crank it over)...i checked the wiring order several times so that can't be wrong...could it just be a bad starter?

since the problem occurred, i have replaced the spark plug wires also...the cel is a solid (it does not come on until i crank it over)...i checked the wiring order several times so that can't be wrong...could it just be a bad starter?

had a simliar problem.... check the ignition coil. I know you have spark but so did mine.

Last night I read so much and I ran across this. Or you could always take the coil down to a local parts store,auto zone etc and have them test it.

picture3395.jpg

You need to find out WHY the engine light is SOLID. You must jump the service connector to check it. Re-read my post. I spent time on it so please follow the directions so you can find out what is wrong with your car.

Back