Car wont go into gear PLEASE help me!!....baby

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey everyone. Lately i have been doing an engine conversion for a 1997 civic hatch. i put a cheap 1.5l in it for right now. JDM engine are kind of too pricey for me right now. Anyways, i bought a new clutch for the car and aligned it myself. i heard if the tranny goes into the engine clutch, and fits in the engine, than it works right?...maybe not. So i put the new engine and tranny in the car, fired it up, it runs pretty rough. But when i put in it gear nothing happens. nothing at all. I didnt put the cv joints back on but when i take it out of gear it doesnt stall out. that means its in nutral, huh? So i can tell when i push on the clutch the "master cylinder" does push on tha lever. And i can see the shift linkage is connected and working. I am not sure there is any "gear lubicant" in the tranny, and i am not sure the clutch was alligned properly. But i am sure its stuckin nutral. any idea? please hel me you guys. I live in connecticut and its too f-n cold to figure out problems. Please help me if you know anything about this matter. thanks so much

somebody told me that its because i dont have the cv joints on. wouldnt the car stall out in gear regardless? if this guys right i will be sooo happy.

If you have no axles installed in the car and release the clutch it will just free wheel.

thnx alot you guys! does any one know how many pounds of torque i should use? thanks again everyone!

Yeah if you don't have axles installed it won't go anywhere or stall. In addition your transmission doesn't have any oil in it if the axles are removed so I would not run it again until you install them and fill up the transmission.

As far as torque specs which ones do you need specifically?

Back