1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car won't pass emissions test

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by integrator, Oct 17, 2003.

1. integrator

integrator Member

I have a 90 CRX that won't pass the emissions test. The results are high carbon monoxide and high hydrocarbons. I thought that I could have a problem with my fuel pressure so I promptly went and ordered a fuel pressure regulator so I could raise the pressure. The car doesn't idle properly and it bogs on heavy acceleration.

2. supersol93

supersol93 Member

This is a very easy cheap fix. This happened to me with my 88 CRX Si. Go to your Home Depot or Lowes and buy 1 gallon of Denatured alcohol. It will be in the same isle as paint thinner and stuff. Put this in an empty gas tank and then fill it with 89, 93, or whatever you use. This will make it run lean and you will pass emissions with no problem. You should only pay $10-15 for the denatured. This will not harm anything in your engine. Let me know how it works

3. cointelpro

cointelpro Senior Member

sounds fishy... i live in a emissions free county, so i dont have to even take emissions to get my plates. go me!

4. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

You either live in California, or you car has some problems, try the Alcohol trick if that doesn't work, take off all your modified exhaust, put stock back on if you have it. If not I don't know what to tell you.

5. dok

dok Senior Member

this shit works i did to a shit box vw and it worked

6. Yspeed

Yspeed Member

I wish I new that stuff before I took my car in. Now I'm doing a engine swap oh well.But damn you guys are smart!

7. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

:gives:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted