1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car wont reve past 3500 rpm

Discussion in 'Integra' started by modestogsr, Oct 30, 2009.

1. modestogsr

modestogsr New Member

I was driving home and suddenly my car died on me. I scan my car and got a code of p 1607 then decided to check my distributer and my rotor was the cause of it. Bought a new one and replace it and it started right away. But now it wont rev past 3500 rpm. I was told it is in limp mode. Any ideas what can be the cause of this. My check engine light is still on and now my car starts with ease(no problem). ANY SUGGESTION WOULD HELP THANKS...

2. modestogsr

modestogsr New Member

my car is a 2000 gsr stock

3. riceracerex

riceracerex D-Series Ninja

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Try resetting the ECU. Disconnect the battery and let the car sit for a few minutes. Reconnect the battery, turn the car on, and let it idle for a few minutes, then take it for a short drive. If the problem has been fixed, then that should clear the CEL out for you and get you out of "limp mode"...

1 person likes this.
  5. modestogsr

modestogsr New Member

I try disconnecting both and also just the positive terminal and still doing the same thing. I also try taking out the e.c.u fuse from the engine hood and still no change. I call acura and wanted them to flash my e.c.u but they told me it wont help it either cuase i didnt sawp engine or anything eles. But one thing i did to the distributer is, i cut the wire to it and swap it to a 94 intera distributer and test it on my car to see if it work and it worked so i replace my distributer rotor and put my orignal back on with black electrical tape. Would that be the cause? Acura also told me that i might have a manifold leak but i dont see any water or leakage, but i do hear a small ssss sound coming from my manifold or engine when the car is suddenly turn off. I dont hear it when the car is on.

6. dc4dude

dc4dude Member

how long did you disconnect the battery for? leave it for a couple hours.

7. modestogsr

modestogsr New Member

last night i left it disconnected all night long just to be on the safe side and recharge my battery...

8. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

Have ignition off, pull ECU and "Hazzard" fuses up on the pass side shock tower.
    Pump break peddle just to drain ANY extra voltage and re-install fuses.

That should do it.

E

1 person likes this.
  9. modestogsr

modestogsr New Member

..it was my e.c.u...that was bad,.,,thanks alot for all the help..i tried it with a different e.c.u and the check engine light went off.. thanks

1 person likes this.
  10. riceracerex

riceracerex D-Series Ninja

Woo, Point for me! ^_^ Maybe I should be more descriptive, but I am glad you got it fixed. Welcome to Honda Swap BTW.

1 person likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted