car wont reve past 3500 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

modestogsr

I was driving home and suddenly my car died on me. I scan my car and got a code of p 1607 then decided to check my distributer and my rotor was the cause of it. Bought a new one and replace it and it started right away. But now it wont rev past 3500 rpm. I was told it is in limp mode. Any ideas what can be the cause of this. My check engine light is still on and now my car starts with ease(no problem). ANY SUGGESTION WOULD HELP THANKS...

I was driving home and suddenly my car died on me. I scan my car and got a code of p 1607 then decided to check my distributer and my rotor was the cause of it. Bought a new one and replace it and it started right away. But now it wont rev past 3500 rpm. I was told it is in limp mode. Any ideas what can be the cause of this. My check engine light is still on and now my car starts with ease(no problem). ANY SUGGESTION WOULD HELP THANKS...

my car is a 2000 gsr stock

Try resetting the ECU. Disconnect the battery and let the car sit for a few minutes. Reconnect the battery, turn the car on, and let it idle for a few minutes, then take it for a short drive. If the problem has been fixed, then that should clear the CEL out for you and get you out of "limp mode"...

I try disconnecting both and also just the positive terminal and still doing the same thing. I also try taking out the e.c.u fuse from the engine hood and still no change. I call acura and wanted them to flash my e.c.u but they told me it wont help it either cuase i didnt sawp engine or anything eles. But one thing i did to the distributer is, i cut the wire to it and swap it to a 94 intera distributer and test it on my car to see if it work and it worked so i replace my distributer rotor and put my orignal back on with black electrical tape. Would that be the cause? Acura also told me that i might have a manifold leak but i dont see any water or leakage, but i do hear a small ssss sound coming from my manifold or engine when the car is suddenly turn off. I dont hear it when the car is on.

Have ignition off, pull ECU and "Hazzard" fuses up on the pass side shock tower.
Pump break peddle just to drain ANY extra voltage and re-install fuses.

That should do it.

E

..it was my e.c.u...that was bad,.,,thanks alot for all the help..i tried it with a different e.c.u and the check engine light went off.. thanks

Woo, Point for me! ^_^ Maybe I should be more descriptive, but I am glad you got it fixed. Welcome to Honda Swap BTW.

Back