Car wont start. B16a is getting fuel and spark.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16CRX

Hey guys, I just put my b16A back in my CRX. It ran fine before I had to swap a piston out.

It is getting spark and fuel.

I have a CEL 6 for the ECT sensor. It broke from old age. Getting a new one tomorrow (or tonight if I get this bitch running). That wouldnt keep it from starting would it?

Crank to cam timing is correct. #1 cylinder TDC and cams pointed/lined up (arrow up)

I cant think of a damn thing that could keep it from starting. It wont even fire for some reason. It just turns over and over like its a timing issue, but I checked and rechecked that.

ANyone got any ideas?

TIA!

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys, I just put my b16A back in my CRX. It ran fine before I had to swap a piston out.

It is getting spark and fuel.

I have a CEL 6 for the ECT sensor. It broke from old age. Getting a new one tomorrow (or tonight if I get this bitch running). That wouldnt keep it from starting would it?

Crank to cam timing is correct. #1 cylinder TDC and cams pointed/lined up (arrow up)

I cant think of a damn thing that could keep it from starting. It wont even fire for some reason. It just turns over and over like its a timing issue, but I checked and rechecked that.

ANyone got any ideas?

TIA!

Could be a bad coil.

He said he had spark...
but yea, one of my buddies got ECT sensor code for bad coil/dizzy on h22.
I Don't know if it prevents it from starting?

Back