car wont start now great :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AaronrVegas

so i did the valve replacement in this thread yesterday
ENG: F22 Spark Plug Tube Seal Replacement - CB7Tuner Forums

everything was going fine until i was retightening the rocker assembly. i ended up breaking 5 bolts while torquing them down. they were old and just sheered. i didnt have a tool to get them out so i just left the broken parts in.
i also did not have time to do the valve adjustments. so we just bolted the valve cover back on and reattached everything and she fired up fine. it smoked a lot because of the oil that leaked into the combustion chamber from removing the spark plugs (which were in great shape).
also i think i might have had piston 1 at TDC on the exhaust stroke maybe? the car was really sluggish when i pushed on the gas. my girl was watching the flywheel and she never saw the TDC mark. so we put a straw in the piston and did it that way. she started fine yesterday when i took her over to her friends place. and when i brought her back to my place last night but this morning was a problem.
please help me i have no clue whats going on with my car!!!!

well if it ran yesterday its not top dead on exhaust but it coulda jumped outta a couple teeth ive had that happend check that and your tensioner and its especially not good with the sheered bolts because those have no tourque on them so if you dont fix that your gonna tear up alot more shit without even pressure across rocker assembly

what do you mean by coulda jumped outta a couple teeth??? i intend to fix those bolts asap. whats the best way to do that?

coulda jumped outta time a couple of teeth my bad,, and gettin the old bolts out you gotta drill a small hole into the center of where the bolt sheered off at,, then get an easy out bit and just carefully back the bolt out, but you really shouldnt even be running it with only half the bolts in it.

it was missing 5 out of 18. and i know it was a terrible idea. i should have just let it sit. basically i am going to have to pull the valve cover again. i am such a moron for driving it yesterday.

yea do that and post it ill give ya more details if i see it,, and good luck man

at this point i am told i could need as little as a new rocker assembly and/or bolts or a head swap or a new engine.

any ideas appreciated.

i got some new pictures of the cam and stuff.

if you guys wouldnt mind looking at them as closely as possible and telling me if you see anything wrong with them i would greatly appreciate it.

i am thinking of just gettig new bolts and redoing the rocker assembly and seeing if that fixes any problems.

any ideas appreciated :)

018-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

008.jpg