Car wont start.........Sometimes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by MXDesa+Oct 19 2003, 03:29 PM-->
@Oct 17 2003, 06:52 PM
Welp got as far was tearing down the dist cap. my points inside had some nice little corroded pieces on them. is what was happening i think...
the rotor was getting caught on these... the dist. sensor prolly sensed it was getting hung up and wouldnt let it start... anywho we'll see if that fixes the problem. hopefully....

if it was your distributor it would start at all. Its ur starter dude.

if it was your distributor then your car would still turn over UNLESS the bearing inside the distrib froze up then it would stop turning the motor over or it stops the one cam from turning and well bye bye valves....

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Oct 17 2003, 06:52 PM
Welp got as far was tearing down the dist cap. my points inside had some nice little corroded pieces on them. is what was happening i think...
the rotor was getting caught on these... the dist. sensor prolly sensed it was getting hung up and wouldnt let it start... anywho we'll see if that fixes the problem. hopefully....

LOL i already found the problem. as stated here. hehe its hasnet fecked up since.

Back