Car Won't Start Sometimes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude9593

I've got a '92 Accord Ex (F22 w/ 5 speed) with 200,000 miles on it. It's just a beat around car but sometimes it won't start. It tries to start but won't turn over. It's not the battery so I thought it might be the starter, but it doesn't struggle when it tries to start. My girlfriend's dad says it might be the fuel pump going or maybe the computer. The thing is, it starts most of the time, but every once in a while it won't. Also the other day, it started for probably 1 second and shut right back off. On the third try it started and shut off again. I let if sit for a few hours and tried it again and it started like a champ. I figured some of you guys would have a better idea of what the problem is.

My car does the same thing once in awhile, id be curious to here what people have to say about this as well.

Sounds like a bad Cap/Rotor OR Distributor

Another common problem hondas have is the PGMFI Relay goes out

AKA Main relay. it will cause the car to not start or start then stall and not start and then start up after awhile and run fine or if it goes fully out you wont beable to start your car

VERY common honda problem

the relay on 92-95 civics is right over the clutch pedal PITA to get to I beleave it's held on by 2 bolts

Originally posted by brc80@Aug 6 2004, 12:10 PM
My car does the same thing once in awhile, id be curious to here what people have to say about this as well.
[post=373380]Quoted post[/post]​

where would the main relay be located on my car

"92' accord coupe h22a engine"

my 93 integra had similar problems and after replacing just about the whole distributor i finaly went to the dealer and it was a fuel injection relay. the part was only like 30 bucks. it cost like $160 for the dealership to replace it with labor and diagnostic

Originally posted by Gen2Tegx2@Aug 31 2004, 01:35 PM
my 93 integra had similar problems and after replacing just about the whole distributor i finaly went to the dealer and it was a fuel injection relay. the part was only like 30 bucks. it cost like $160 for the dealership to replace it with labor and diagnostic
[post=384292]Quoted post[/post]​

where is the fuel injection relay located? i think thats the problem with mine..i changed about everything including the main relay ..is the fuel injection relay a different item in a different location?

i have a 92' accord with a jdm h22a 5 speed

Back