Car won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

realm730

I just replaced my alternator pulley and when I got finished installing everything my car wouldnt start. It started before I put the alternator back in, just running on the battery, and now I get no power to anything in my car. The only things that work are my hazards and my brake lights when I step on the pedal. Is there some sort of reset switch or button on the ECU because I know as a fact the battery is good, or mabey a main fuse that needs to be replaced. Please help. The car is 1992 civic cx hatchback with a b16a sir2 swap, p30 ecu. Thanks

i hope you didn't put an aem pulley on there... i've had bad experiences 2 times with them... but, have you tried to "bump" start the car? maybe the battery just needs recharging from running without the alt on. it takes much less power to keep the car running than it does to do the initial start.

It's unorthodox racing pulley, I tried bump starting the car and that did nothing I even then removed the battery and started my brothers car with it and my moms car so its definetly not the battery

something must not be connected then... dist, grounds, both plugs for alt., plug wires.. is it turning over when you turn the key?

I checked every connection and theres nothing disconnected, The car isn't turning over at all, it's like theres no battery in the car. My headlights don't work nothing works, only my hazards and my brake lights when I step on the pedal

just charge ur battery up, first and try that, dnt fuck around wit anything till you try that, instead of trying to fix something thats not broken then end up breaking it.
hehehe

You check the under hood fuse box yet? Might of blown a fuse.

Back