car wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmcivicb18

in the distributor the rotor is not hitting the studs in the distributor cap and sendin the spark to the plugs cause it wont fire up. Any help??????

Check your dist. cap for any cracks, is the rotor just not hitting the other little metal thing.?? I had this problem with my civic and it was the dist. cap, it had a crack in it and moisture got inside and messed everything up.

are you sure that the spark is getting to the rotor? it may appear to not be hitting the studs, but there may not be any spark there anyway.

If anything change your cap, it was like 10 bucks last I knew, and see if that fixes it. if not...then that's where my knowledge kind of tapers off.

ok, this guy just got banned.
:lmao:

where exactly is the coil?

It should be mounted on your engine if it is external. It would be the only other wire going into your distributor cap besides the spark plug wires. If you have just the spark plug wires(4 not 5), then it is inside the distributor(internal).

Make sure that coil is getting power that comes on with the key.

Good luck

Originally posted by tab@Oct 18 2003, 11:28 PM

It should be mounted on your engine if it is external. It would be the only other wire going into your distributor cap besides the spark plug wires. If you have just the spark plug wires(4 not 5), then it is inside the distributor(internal).

'88 and up Civics have internal coils.

JDM Civic, if you don't have a manual, I command you to go buy at least a Haynes manual. There is NO excuse for not having one, and all your answers will be found in there regarding this problem.

Then use it. There's a troubleshooting section in the front. Spark, fuel, and air. You need all three. If you have spark, you don't have fuel. If you have fuel, you don't have spark. Check each and go from there.

Back