Car wont start?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JToolz

Ok I just put a 2000 Si engine into a 96 hatch and it started perfectly. The battery was really weak and just changed it and now it wont start. I put a new positive battery cable on it and it still is dead. All the lights come on in the dash so I know it isnt the igniton switch. Any ideas? I need help badly. It just doesnt make sense that it started perfectly on the weak battery and now I swapped it out and the motor wont even turn over. HELP?!?

Make sure you have a tight connection on both terminals. Did you check the ground wire too? Does it make any noises at all when its trying to start?

Don't forget to check the fuses. My friend had a 91 exploder with the same problem, lights but no noises and wouldn't start. We thought starter right off the bat, but after replacing the starter it same thing. It turned out to be a fuse in the engine bay. The Lesson K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid)

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 13 2004, 01:40 PM
Make sure you have a tight connection on both terminals. Did you check the ground wire too? Does it make any noises at all when its trying to start?

Yep check that. I had this when I was installing my VAFC. The lights would turn on, but when I turn the key, it lost connection, and would not start.

I have checked all engine bay fuses but they seem fine.

Back