car wont start...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

my car starts.barly fires and right away dies out really rough....the only CEL its throwin is 21(Open or short in VTEC solenoid valve circuit, defective VTEC solenoid valve)..is this any reason my car should not start?? i change my wiring harness over to one wired for vtec already..no vtec wires r hooked up yet..previous to me changing the harness my car ran fine.. :shrug2: i thought defective circuit with the injecotrs but no not even...

code 21 for vtec should not effect the starting of the car.

you got some other issues dude... could be a bunk ecu, bad wiring, things hooked up wrong, a dead battery, no igntion, no coil, no ignitor, and so on...

:( im gonna check all wiring today..i figure it has to do with the new harness because it was running fine before i switched it...but it was complete uncut and looked perfectly new :shrug2:

a way u can check for spark is remove the plug, plug it back into the wire, set it on top of the valve cover, and make sure it is grounded, and then crank it, u shuld see spark. id check 3outa 4 of the plugs, also look at the plugs make sure there lookin good wit the electrode has square edges, they shuldnt be rounded. also check out the wirres see if they are woarn at alll where they clip down. there might be a short.

Back