1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car won't start

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by haao13, Nov 8, 2009.

1. haao13

haao13 New Member

I parked my car in the driveway back in sept while i was at school and came home this weekend to start it and drive it around but it won't start. its getting fuel but no spark so i tried a new dizzy and still nothing. i also checked the grounds and they seem alright. anybody have any ideas on why its not getting spark even after a new dizzy?

2. Noodler

Noodler New Member

new dizzy or used dizzy? does it crank? is the battery alive? have you tried jumping it? My rsx gets left alone a lot of the time and when i go to start it up, the battery will have enough juice to power everything but the starter.

3. Civic EK9

Civic EK9 New Member

Make Sure That Your Timing Belt Did Not Break.

4. c_champagne

c_champagne New Member

check main relay behind clutch pedal,all the way up and back to the firewall. its about 2"tall and 3"wide. have #'s on spare one if you need to identify. My 94' d16 Sol sometimes takes 3 trys to fire off,also check all your fuses,my 95' GSR Sol poped a littlte 7.5 amp and woulnt start and thought it was relay.

5. c_champagne

c_champagne New Member

main relay should click twice when ignition turned,put hand on it you should feel it.

6. haao13

haao13 New Member

it was a used dizzy from a junk yard. the guy said it was good but who knows. yes it cranks but wont fire because theres no spark. no i havent jumped it. its not getting spark what good would that do?
    timing belt is fine
    its not the main relay because its getting fuel

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted