Car Won't Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zm_dawg

My car lost power the other day cruising on the highway. I was about to pass a car and all of a sudden i slowed down i made it all the way home but didn't have the power by JDM GSR in EK should have. I'd drop into second and RPMS would stay at 5k no matter what.....The next morning i was gonna go to school and the car wouldn't start. It cranks and it wouldn't turnover....an hour or two later it cranked slower.....i took the battery to advanced auto parts and it tested good and they full recharged it........still wouldn't start. So I thought it was the alternator. I've taken it to Advanced, AutoZone, and a Shop and none could test it......

I'm thinkin bout just putting the alternator back in....jumping the dam thing and taking it to the shop. I put the swap in a few months ago and everythings been fine for the most part.

I'm pretty sure it's the alternator, but is there anythin i should look at. The radio and stuff would come on I could hear the fuel pump priming. I changed everything over wires/cap/rotor during swap.....What would cause my car not to start......any help is appreciated need this solved quickly.

my civic would start an was makina oud scereeching noise, i thought it was the starter so i replaced that but it turned out to be the alternater,so i gotta take care of that this weekend. the motor wont even turn over

I have no clue what the hells goin on just gonna try throwing in the alternator and jumping it and see what happens

Originally posted by zm_dawg@Sep 11 2004, 10:23 AM
I have no clue what the hells goin on just gonna try throwing in the alternator and jumping it and see what happens
[post=388922]Quoted post[/post]​

did the batery dash light where on at this sudden loss of power?

it deffiantley sounds like your alternator or it could be that your ground cables are rusting and rotting causing your car to loose power

Back