1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car wont start

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Gsr goon, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Gsr goon

Gsr goon New Member

I just noticed today that my battery light was on so i went to get it checked out and everything read good on the battery test and altanator test but when we tested with the car off it was saying no voltage being read? so i drove it alil more and it started shorting out while i was driving home lost power when i had lights and radio. made it back to the house parked it in the garage and could not get it to start back up. As if the battery was drained dead within a couple of hours. battery is brand new. anyone have any answers for me. i have a 2000 honda civic ex with a 1997 JDM GSR Swap. i need help please!

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

the battery wasnt reading voltage when the car was off?

3. Gsr goon

Gsr goon New Member

thats whats advanced auto said. but check right when i recharged the battery some and they finally told me i needed a new alternator i was driving and everything started flashing im talking lights flickering rpm's dropped to zero mph drop zero but i am still driving and the car is still powered but it is like sputtering like as if i was out of gas ya know could that be the alternator? i really hope so!!!!!>>

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Sounds like an Alternator....but also makes me think distributor (with the tach acting crazy) but my money would be on the alternator....although you said they checked it? WTF? I'm confused on what happened when they or you checked the Alternator....you have a new battery so that shouldn't be it. No CEL? And,m sadly, just cuz they owrk at a parts store doesn't mean they have enough experience to piss on. This is the world we live in now.....idiots working at parts stores and home improvement centers.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted