Car wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brownkobe8

Recently ive been driven my car and having problems.
Ok so i drive around and my car will try to die and i have to play with the gas pedal for it can keep on runnin sometimes it works other times it just does not.
So what i was told to do is replace my fuel filter and i did, and i still had the same problem i tried even starting the car with one of the hoses disconnected and no fuel was pumped out. Then i was told to check my relay and i did and everythin seemed intact on the solder point just in case i removed and resolder eveything. And my problem still continued. So i checked and i went to junk yard to find some fuel pumps, then i go ahead to replace the fuel pump so i go ahead and i remove it and replace it and i still had the problem until i ran direct current to the pump and then i saw my pump was workin great. I then remove one of the hoses from the fuel filter to see if im gettin fuel then it starts to work i see fuel.
Now i connect eveything back together and i try to start the car will my engine does turn and my car start but dies quickly i really need help on this cuz i need to take my car to my dads shop so i can drop in my new engine

replace the fuel pump relay, check your fuses
if you have a check engine light on, start there

Recently ive been driven my car and having problems.
Ok so i drive around and my car will try to die and i have to play with the gas pedal for it can keep on runnin sometimes it works other times it just does not.
So what i was told to do is replace my fuel filter and i did, and i still had the same problem i tried even starting the car with one of the hoses disconnected and no fuel was pumped out. Then i was told to check my relay and i did and everythin seemed intact on the solder point just in case i removed and resolder eveything. And my problem still continued. So i checked and i went to junk yard to find some fuel pumps, then i go ahead to replace the fuel pump so i go ahead and i remove it and replace it and i still had the problem until i ran direct current to the pump and then i saw my pump was workin great. I then remove one of the hoses from the fuel filter to see if im gettin fuel then it starts to work i see fuel.
Now i connect eveything back together and i try to start the car will my engine does turn and my car start but dies quickly i really need help on this cuz i need to take my car to my dads shop so i can drop in my new engine

I was just wondering if you have to drop the fuel tank to get to the pump or is it set up to go through the shell under the back sets. Thanks

in my experience they are all under the seat, unless I am wrong, easiest way yo check would be pull up the rear seat, beats dropping the tank to find that there is an access hole.

Fuel pump location

I believe the access port only uncovers the sending unit. see attached. Pump is located at the rear of the tank
Usedgastank.jpg

I believe the access port only uncovers the sending unit. see attached. Pump is located at the rear of the tank
Usedgastank.jpg

Is it likely, that the person who did the swap into the car I'm pulling a built B16a w/nos out of, upgraded the fuel pump, is the fuel pump something you would upgrade to run a built B16a w/nos? Thanks. Ps, there is a pressure gage on the top of the fuel filter if that helps you.

Last edited:
Ok, just checked alldata, it says that you have to remove the tank, sorry, I thought all honda's had a cover. As far as a fuel pump upgrade, its hard to tell if it was my car I probably would have just put in a new pump, not necessarily an upgraded one. Good luck

Back