Caramel pork belly

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Caramel pork belly - Hands on Kitchen

This is a super easy dish to make that's very good!

1 lb of pork belly
1 1/2 TBS sweet sauce (see pictures)
3 TBS Fish Sauce
1 TBS Sugar
1/4 cup water
1-3 dried or fresh red peppers (crushed or chopped up)
1 TBS Dried red onion
Black pepper for garnish
1 Cucumber sliced thin for the side.

Start off by trimming the skin/fat off the pork belly, NOTE (some people prefer to leave it on) slick the pork belly thin and place in a pot, add the crushed up or cut up peppers then go down the list with the sweet sauce, fish sauce, and sugar, once the pork is mostly cooked, add the 1/4 cup of water and cook till the water is reduced so you're left with a thick sauce like fluid. Plate the pork and sprinkle the red onions on top and some fresh ground pepper, serve with the cucumbers and a side dish of rice.

do note, this dish uses a lot of fish sauce, be warned, when cooking, the food will smell pretty darn bad, but I assure you, once its done it wont smell bad and it will taste great.

1130d1200274577-caramel-pork-belly-dsc05275.jpg

1133d1200274577-caramel-pork-belly-dsc05302.jpg

Caramel pork belly - Hands on Kitchen

Then don't eat bacon.

=)

What's funny is, if you took a hotdog to asia, people would look at you weird and not wanna touch it.

American = grind up all the nasty bits pump them full of preservatives and freeze it for a year or two. yummy!
Most of Asia as with most of the world outside of American, = kill it, butcher it and eat it as fresh as you can, Linhs family back in Vietnam to this day doesn't even have a refrigerator. You grow your veggies and pick up your meat from the local markets.

With that being said one of my favorite American foods is scrapple, I love it and could care less what's in it.

Last edited:
Back