Carb To FI Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flakeylemon

So what do I need to make this happen? return line going to the fuel tank, fuel pump, and fuel filter, and a crx si tank? what fuel lines do i need to get? and where do I run the lines?

You can get the hard lines out of a FI car for that but by seeing how honda has those ran you might want to look at flexible braided lines and an connectors. The return line on a ef goes right behind the dash and you would have to take apart half of the car to run the line. If you use flex lines then you can run it alot easier.

are you talking about converting from dpfi to mpfi..? thats not a carb on your intake plenum, although some people tend to think it is. search for dpfi to mpfi here, or over at honda-tech and you will find numerous threads pertaining to this conversion. All your stock fuel components will work fine for mpfi. you have a fuel return line already, and you don't need to change everything to what an Si would of had. You shouldn't dispense information if you don't know that it is correct
emhammer.gif

heres a pic of where everything is located.
41935410uk9.gif

Last edited:
ah nice. i was starting to take out the EW1 today and recognize a few of those parts. thanks man. you saved me a shit load of head aches. One more question, the car has been sitting for 15 years, what should i look at changing? Im guessing the tank is going to be rusted but i can probably get that refinished at a radiator shop.

Find yourself a parts car that was EFI.
I can guarantee all the fuel lines are still in the car found at a salvage yard. They dont go bad, nobody needs them. :thumbsup:

Is this a 88-91 or 84-87? Make 100% sure it is for sure carbed. The 88-91 only came FI, in two types, dual point (two injectors in the throttle body) and multi point (4 injectors in the intake runners) 84-87 the FI model was the Si.

bleh i have the 85 dx model. sorry i should have been a bit more specific. So i do have to run the return line?

Yes, then you have a carbed car, so you need the return line and the gas tank that has the fitting for it. :thumbsup:

Back