Carb'd Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
What would be the steps to doing a carb'd turbo, same as an FI car? What about fuel management, how would I go about adding the extra fuel needed?

I was looking at the prelude and I kinda like it now. I dunno why, but I think it would be kinda nice if I fixed it up. When I finish up the civic I could make it my new project.

It only looks like shit cause of the paint really and a b20a3-T wouldn't be too bad I don't think.

Just a thought, if I can't make it quicker then I'm just gonna fix up the body, paint it, fix the speedo and put a new clutch in and call it the new DD.

Ok, so I did a little searching. I highly doubt they make any carb upgrades for the prelude so it looks like I'm pretty much beat on that unless I run super low boost.

From what I've read it the turbo's extra pressure will end up pushing the fuel back down the fuel line. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I just don't understand carburation well enough.

ohh my hopes are back up. Maybe I'll upgrade the hatches turbo and put the 42/48 on the prelude.

defenitly helpful. I need to learn more about carbuerators. MPFI is so much easier to deal with.

what do you mean carbed?

did you swap a carbed motor into your car cause they dont come carbed in 90?

yes...they do.

Prelude S's were carb'd and I think there was a late EF civic that was also.

Actually they even made carb's motors for the EG's, just not in the US. The d14 was carbed I think.

my eg stock motor was a carbrator powered engine.

1994, jdm though.

well i swaped that a long time ago, i pushed it to much it went cherry red and perhaps my gaskets were cracked cause it was close to detination!

Back