Carbon Fiber Hood Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

La_Pieuvre

I have read the two other CF hood threads (this one and this one) and I just wanted to make sure that I got everything right.

Ok here's the deal. About 3 weeks ago there was one bad hail storm here in Dallas and my hood got really messed up. The rest of the car also has dents but the hood is the worst part.
Anyway, I'm supposed to bring the car to the insurance company and get a check for the damages.
My hood is going to have to be replaced because of all the dents and the fact that the hail cracked the paint.
Now, I have a few questions:

1. How much do CF hoods weigh compared to stock? Is it really worth getting a CF hood or just get another OEM metal hood? Any noticeable difference in driving (which I sincerely doubt...)?
2. From what was said in other threads, VIS and Fiber Images are the best brands for the money. (I am not going to get a $1000+ Spoon hood).
Where would be the best online sites to buy them from? or would it be cheaper to order it from a local shop?
3. How easy is it to paint the hood to match the rest of the car color?

What would you guys do if you were in my situation? I figured if I'm going to get the insurance to pay for it might as well go CF, but if getting an OEM metal hood is better then I'll get that.

Thanks for your input :)

your stock hood isnt that heavy. i installed mine myself. your money could be better spent elsewhere.

Back