Carbon Fiber Hoods Apparently Need Hood Pins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NoJokE

Found this out the hard way, i was driving around 60 on the highway and the hood pops and makes this horrible sound on the windshiield(likea carbon hood hitting the weindhiedl) the hood snapped off its hinges and shit, so i get fuked ageain.k Then im going 20 and it pops off again. And i know i probablyi made a lot of speelling mistakes b8ut fuck it im drunk as a duog

actuallythey don't NEED hood pins. i use my carbon fiber one on my stock latch and its held up to 115 with no problems.

Originally posted by Civic_88ls@Apr 12 2003, 10:13 AM
its the safest way to go with hood pins and a stock latch..

:werd: I have heard some horror stories about how air got trapped underneath going fast and the latch system ripped out of the hood and it came open and yeah bad shit happened. I have hood pins for mine but no latch assembly, so it is already warped because of air getting trapped and the front wanting to come up.

i've had my carbon fiber hood cruising on the freeway at well over 100 with no problems

only reason i would see to NEED HOOD PINS is cause your only using the carbon fiber skin without a skeleton... but other than that the stock latc should hold it...

but i guess your different B)

Originally posted by karnash@Apr 12 2003, 01:35 PM
hope you werent driving drunk as well...... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Nah, i had to get drunk AFTERWARDS

i think some of it depends on what type of cf hood you got. i got vis and i rock it w/o hood pins, i do 80 daily, no probs.

Back