Carbon Fiber hoods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

Who makes good carbon fiber hoods? I want one for my EG hatch.

VIS racing is pretty decent too. Just if you get any carbon hood, get some hood pins of SOME kind. These things are notorious for separating/flying up.

I have a VIS carbon fiber hood and it looks great. They are suppose to have more layers of carbon fiber and the company claims they last longer than most without fading. I've only had mine about 8 months so I wouldn't know. Fiber Images hoods are also very nice I've heard but extremely expensive.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jul 11 2003, 12:42 AM
VIS racing is pretty decent too. Just if you get any carbon hood, get some hood pins of SOME kind. These things are notorious for separating/flying up.

yeah my friend got a brand new cf hood for his eclipse and didnt want to put hood pins on bc they dont look as good, well he hit a pot whole going about 35 a week or so ago and, well, bye bye cf hood. cracked his windshield and flew 10+ ft in the air and landed on the street.

Originally posted by biglee414+Jul 18 2003, 12:46 PM-->
@Jul 11 2003, 12:42 AM

yeah my friend got a brand new cf hood for his eclipse and didnt want to put hood pins on bc they dont look as good, well he hit a pot whole going about 35 a week or so ago and, well, bye bye cf hood. cracked his windshield and flew 10+ ft in the air and landed on the street.

I think the hood pins look good. As long as they aren't cheap knock-offs.

SPF 50 Sunscreen :shrug2: lol, everyone i know waxes theirs...some waxes claim to protect color from fading but who knows about that...

Alot of people around my area has cf hoods.I dont see how people buy them before any preformance upgrades. I was pricing one for a my eg hatch and i came to an average price of around 500 dollars including shipping. Does that seem like a decent price or should i look elsewhere?

you get what you pay for. multi-layered and rolled edges are going to cost more. the cheap ones are cut cf and the clearcoat will chip easy. around 500 is good

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Feb 17 2004, 12:08 AM
I dont see how people buy them before any preformance upgrades.

cuz they weigh about 1/2 as much as the stock one does

JDMshit has a very good quality hood for 379 shipped I believe. I've not seen one personally, but I've heard good things about them. I'm thinking about getting one since they're cheap for grade AAA carbon fiber, rolled edges, and molded underbody. Take a look at their site for some pics, they have them from every angle, and a shot of one on an EG.

Ian

Back