Carbon fiber intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
What does everyone think about the carbon fiber intakes?

I am not expecting any power or torque gains. I just like the look of a full engine bay, and the CF. So, has anyone ever used/seen/installed one in an EK?

Yowai SS Carbon Fiber Intake - JDM Intakes
Mishimoto Automotive Performance - Honda Civic 1992-2000
Password:JDM Carbon Fiber PowerChamber Intake (EG / EK Civic) | JDM Honda Parts, JDM Honda Engines / JDM Nissan Motor Swaps, Used JDM Parts - Password JDM

I really don't care about brands. So whichever one is cheapest is the winner.

the pwjdm is really popular and put out good gains for what it is. i think you're looking at teh whale dick.

i've heard nothing but good things about them.. people like the way they sound too.. :shrug2: .. i might get one for my GFs GSR

Yeah, nevermind. I just listened to some of the videos on youtube.

Not digging the sound.

I spent too long with an eBay short ram. The damned thing was too loud. I liked the AEM CAI I had when there was a y7 IM on the car, but now that I've got a y8 IM, it's a hack-job. (eBay intake met the hack saw, and is now mating with the lower half of the AEM.) The whole thing that prompted this is that the eBay intake has this whistle at highly-open throttle at speed, and it's kinda annoying.

I'm thinking about an AEM V2, but I need to know, does it go through the hole in the fender, or go near the transmission? I don't have a hole in my fender, so that won't work; it has to go by the transmission.

goes through the hole near the fender. all cai on civics go that way. correct me if i'm wrong.

unless its a Hybrid intake.. they enter the fender down by the tranny
thats right. i forgot about those. i had my intake run down there, but it was a normal aem cai for a 95 coupe.

So, the '95 coupe doesn't have that hole behind the fender? I guess that's the intake I need to look for then.

here is a pic of mine i like it ......it gets better respond than your regular ones... sorry i forgot i had the shop light on it, but you get the idea....

Well, I decided I'm finally going to go FI. So, yeah. no cf intake for me.

Back