Carbon Fiber intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok i am thinking about getting the Password CF Power Chamber from passwordjdm.com and i was wondering if it is worth it.....?? Have any of you had any experience with this intake...how are the power gains?? i have the sir2 b16, CTR cams, dc header, and 2 1/4 catback..so would it be a nice addition to it...and i plan the get the Skunk2 pro series manifold in the near future... i had a cheapo intake on it from Kragen Auto Parts...it sucked ass so i put the stock one back on....

A friend of mine has a 95 hatch with a B16B in it. He took out the stock air box and put on that exact intake. He said he noticed an instant difference. Big improvement over the airbox. I guess any intake would be an improvement over stock, but he said there was a huge difference. Looks nice too.

i'm sure it will look, sound, and perform better than that Kragen peice of shit...right???

Defidently, it has a 4in filter on the end of it... So much bigger than the Kragen one right?

Power gain of 5 to 6 hp on a car that already had header and exhaust is very average for a CAI. BUT, $159 for the intake is about the same as you pay for a AEM basic CAI on ebay, so i guess it just depends on whether you want the hassle of installing the AEM, or the simplicity of this cf intake. Doesn't look like a bad deal to me man. I'm thinkin of gettin this myself now. hehe. If you want better power gains, think about gettin the AEM V2 intake. It'll run you at least $250 on ebay, BUT your power gains should be closer to 10 hp. If it's worth it to you, and you arent afraid of driving in heavy rain and losing your engine due to the location of the AEM filter, then go for it. But i personally don't think 5 hp is worth an extra $100+. Go for the carbon intake dude.

Another thing to take into consideration is the location of this filter. You'll be sucking air from the engine compartment, which after a few minutes of hard driving, is gonna be hot as hell. You might wanna toss around the idea of making or buying a custom cold air box that fits in teh same location as the factory box, but still with the fatter intake pipe and the high flow cone filter. Just an idea.

Quoted post[/post]]
Power gain of 5 to 6 hp on a car that already had header and exhaust is very average for a CAI. BUT, $159 for the intake is about the same as you pay for a AEM basic CAI on ebay, so i guess it just depends on whether you want the hassle of installing the AEM, or the simplicity of this cf intake. Doesn't look like a bad deal to me man. I'm thinkin of gettin this myself now. hehe. If you want better power gains, think about gettin the AEM V2 intake. It'll run you at least $250 on ebay, BUT your power gains should be closer to 10 hp. If it's worth it to you, and you arent afraid of driving in heavy rain and losing your engine due to the location of the AEM filter, then go for it. But i personally don't think 5 hp is worth an extra $100+. Go for the carbon intake dude.

Another thing to take into consideration is the location of this filter. You'll be sucking air from the engine compartment, which after a few minutes of hard driving, is gonna be hot as hell. You might wanna toss around the idea of making or buying a custom cold air box that fits in teh same location as the factory box, but still with the fatter intake pipe and the high flow cone filter. Just an idea.
i'm still debating if im gonna get it.....it'll be like 170 somethin after taxes and shipping

Quoted post[/post]]
ok i am thinking about getting the Password CF Power Chamber from passwordjdm.com and i was wondering if it is worth it.....?? Have any of you had any experience with this intake...how are the power gains?? i have the sir2 b16, CTR cams, dc header, and 2 1/4 catback..so would it be a nice addition to it...and i plan the get the Skunk2 pro series manifold in the near future... i had a cheapo intake on it from Kragen Auto Parts...it sucked ass so i put the stock one back on....
my buddy had a b16 too and dynoed the aem cold air and that kragens cheapy ya....and the kragens dynoed better all around by at least 2-3hp.

It'll probably be just like any other intake, except that carbon fiber makes the intake deeper sounding. More growl-y. And carbon fiber is just pimp anyway. I'd vote "Buy it".

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
my buddy had a b16 too and dynoed the aem cold air and that kragens cheapy ya....and the kragens dynoed better all around by at least 2-3hp.
on a dyno.. the short ram will create more horsepower than a CAI

i dont think so ...many factors to consider...i think that the cai will draw in cooler denser air thus creating more power....

seeing that the filter is placed in the fender, i would think that the car would need to be moving to force the air into the filter and thus it would have to try harder to pull air through the longer tube...and on the dyno isn't the hood up anyways...

first off he(purestreetracer) was talking about on a dyno...so was i....i was just saying on a dyno(if you read previous posts) a short ram will create more power than the CAI...yes of course a CAI would create more power while your moving..why would it cost twice as much

I think people give too much credit to cai VS short ram.

You DO get cooler air from a CAI, but it isn't that much cooler than what you get in a short ram..

For every 10 degrees cooler, our lil hondas get roughly 1 hp. Even though a short ram is in the engine bay sucking up all that header heat, while going down the highway I can't immagine it being, at a most extreme, a 20 degree difference.

Now sitting in traffic or cruising very slowly I could see a CAI having a good advantage. A couple of extra HP.

You can't really test that accurately on a dyno.

#1, i was just asking......chill...

but on a dyno i wouldnt use either...a longer version of a ram with a velocity stack on the end.....but if you are going to buy one i would get the aem cai...if you live in a dry area...

Quoted post[/post]]
#1, i was just asking......chill...

but on a dyno i wouldnt use either...a longer version of a ram with a velocity stack on the end.....but if you are going to buy one i would get the aem cai...if you live in a dry area...

sorry, didn't mean to come off all mad sounding or whatever, was just stating my opinion.

I'm chilled. :mrgreen:

Back