carbon fiber

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

some will say yes.. some will say no.. its all personal preference.. if you like it, get it.. if you dont.. well.. then dont.. easy as that

I think he's pointing to the fact that most people here will ask questions based on quantitative data, rather than qualitative opinions. We don't care if you like CF or not. It is lighter than steel, yes, but it is also more brittle. Is saving 20 lbs off the front of your car worth $300? That's a question only you can answer for yourself.

my car was backed into and the hoods all f-ed up now Im trying to decide if I should just get it fixed or take the $600 and by a cf hood

perfect time to upgrade then.. you should have stated that in your first post.. it woulda made things easier :thumbsup:

Go for the CF, It looks pretty cool and as said before it will save you a few bucks on paint. You might also take a little time and look around to try and find a deal on the hood. I got my hood from a friend of a friend that totaled his sedan. The thing only eneded up costing me $150.00 and there was like no damage. You can check all sorts of places like the classifieds of the various boards, e-bay, and craig's list.

Good hunting!!!

the only problem with finding a used hood is the paint wont match and I dont feel like painting that shit.I just finished painting the car like a month ago, Im just going to buy a CF hood

the only problem with finding a used hood is the paint wont match and I dont feel like painting that shit.I just finished painting the car like a month ago, Im just going to buy a CF hood

I was talking about finding a good CF hood used. Like I said mine only cost $150.00. That is a lot better than the $300.00- $500.00 they are new. I deffinitely would look at getting the CF not another steel hood.

ohhh thats a good idea where did u get yours I just dont want someones used f-ed up stuff

I actually got mine from a friend of mine. He has a truck acc. shop and has been into the import ( more specifically Honda) scene for about 10-12years. When someone has something they need / want to sell they let him know. He knew I needed a hood and let me know when he found out. I would check craig's list or another local classifieds site. Also just talk to your friends and their friends let them know what you need if they come across something they will be able to let you know. The other option is e-bay, just be careful to know what you are buying.

Back